The benefits to starting you day with lemon water
I start every morning with warm citrus water. I initially starting doing this to kick start my digestive system but there are a handful of other alluring benefits to this Vitamin C-rich hydration method.
- Digestive boost – encourages healthy digestion and rids your G.I tract of toxins
- Hydration – we’re typically dehydrated after 7-8 hours of sleep, so our bodies are in need of a boost, the warm water is especially key here and the effects will impact your entire day. Add some Himalayan salt for your adrenals
- Radiant skin – citrus is high Vitamin C and antioxidants, it works to detoxify your blood and organs and well your skin is your largest one
- Cleanses your system – stimulates your liver, which is essential for riding the body of toxins
- Curbs your cravings – you know that 3 o’clock chocolate craving?
- Reduces inflammation – lemons actually decrease the acidity of the body and work to remove uric acid from the joints, which is a key cause of inflammation
My recommendation is to drink lemon water within 5-10 minutes of waking and the warm water is essential.